Christian Travel Study Programs, Inc.
You’ve Read the Book … Now Experience the Land with
Mike Bagby, Laura Bagby, and Dr. Randall D. Smith*
May 5-16, 2018
• Understand the scriptures through the eyes of Biblical culture and connect with the Land as you walk the Biblical geography.
• Hike through the beautiful nature reserve at Tel Dan, with its rushing waters flowing out of Mt. Hermon … and then see a nearby mud-brick gate from the time of Abraham!
• Walk on the Mt. of Olives and into the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus prayed.
• Explore the Old City of Jerusalem, including the Western (Wailing) Wall, and the steps where Jesus would have entered the Temple.
• Experience all the sights, sounds and smells of different cultures, both Jewish and Arab.
• Learn to view today’s news as “God’s hand at work in the affairs of men”.
• Sense a greater awareness of God’s Presence in your life.
You’ve read about so many of the places you would visit. Think of what a thrill it would be to experience them for yourself! Every step you take would expand your understanding of the scriptures. Names like Mt. Carmel, Nazareth, and Capernaum would no longer be vague spots on a Biblical map, but would trigger vivid memories. Seeing the Golan Heights, and the Lebanese, Syrian and Jordanian borders, would make you much more aware of daily issues. And then there are the people, being gathered from nations all over the world … searching for Something that will bring them peace, but looking in all the wrong places. You’ll laugh and you’ll cry; you’ll play and you’ll pray. Most of all, you’ll worship the One who is the Prince of Peace.
What’s keeping you from enjoying these unique experiences?
The #1 reason mentioned is safety. Distorted information presented by the media makes it sound like Israel is a very dangerous place. However, if you talk to people who have visited there recently, the most frequent comment is, “I never felt so safe!” Although Israel is smaller than New Jersey, they have over three million tourists every year! (And the 2017 tourism rate is exceeding the records!) The hyped news stories come and go, but tourists are flocking to Israel!
The #2 reason is cost. People spend money on what’s important to them. A trip to Israel is a life- changing experience with lasting value. It is a spiritual investment. If a trip to Israel is something you’re interested in, we encourage you to prayerfully consider this opportunity.
The #3 reason is a desire to visit Israel, but thinking in terms of doing it “later”. Many older visitors have said, “This trip was wonderful, but I wish I had done it years ago. I’ve learned so much that would have been useful in my spiritual development … and there is so much I could have shared with others.”
Christian Travel Study Programs offers trips that are not available anywhere else. This is a unique study program taught by Dr. Randall Smith. Having lived in Israel for many years, his expertise in Biblical culture will open your understanding of the Scriptures … plus you’ll have fun! With a strong focus on the Bible, this itinerary includes a blend of the old and the new, from Biblical history to current events. The Israeli guide will provide “local color” to complement Dr. Smith’s teaching. All of this will provide you with an enriching experience and expand your understanding of the Land, the People, and the Book.
Use the following links to learn more and register for the trip.