March 2020 Conchshell Chronicles
Have we made a difference?
Most of the mothers and fathers in our eight communities are our former students. Did they receive anything in their daily Bible classes that is impacting their families? Are they better neighbors? Are they known as loving people to their extended families? Are they looking to God for their needs rather than the sukias who represent the multiple demonic spirits that have influenced life on the river for centuries?
We think so. We hope our impact is even more than we can see, which is usually the case.
February 2020 Conchshell Chronicles
January 2020 Conchshell Chronicles
As many of you know, our missionary and discipling efforts have largely been focused not only on our Project Ezra Miskito friends of 30 plus years, but now also in the last 10 years we have added efforts toward the communities we have been a part of via our Rio Coco Beans roasting and Café ministry. We still function as “Volunteer Missionaries” living our lives by faith even though we are instructed by our Boss to pay all of our Miskito Teachers, leaders, disciples, teammates and the rest of the workers that come alongside of us. We continue to be called to build community and relationships wherever we happen to be… here, there, everywhere, foreign or local…doesn’t matter….God is with us doing this no matter where and with who…It is something that happens as part of why we feel we are placed on this earth for.
December 2019 Conchshell Chronicles
We all are approaching one of the most intense times of the year- Christmas.
This is supposed to be a time of reflection and celebration, but the reality is that we are often stretched and strained during this holiday season by:
* Traffic jams at the shopping malls;
* Decisions on how far to financially stretch;
* Meeting the expectations of the children;
* Guilt over how much was eaten last night;
* The effort required to get into tighter clothes;
* Listening to endless renditions of “Tis the season to be jolly.”
What do we get for all our efforts and enduring?
- Loud toys that make noises unfit for your quiet home;
- Technical directions written in English by a Chinese for those new gadgets;
- Uncomfortable, tight clothing;
- Bills in January for those financial stretches in December;
- Wondering if we just somehow just missed the whole point.
November 2019 Conchshell Chronicles
I have been contemplating a few things about life, death, growth, relationships, and mostly God and his input into my heart and actions. I have also been contemplating why I get so angry about some things that hit me like a slap upside the head.
I heard it said, “Always respond, never just react.”